Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The Rodders Forum > The Builders Board > New members... introduce yourselves!

New members... introduce yourselves! If you're new to the forum... introduce yourself here first.
You don't just walk into a fella's garage down the street and start flappin' your lips do ya?

Cinematic

Old May 30th, 2014, 02:59 AM   #1
roudyb
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Post 70 VRod Build & Artist
Re:: Hola comrades   

Hello to all in R-N-K. This thread is an intro to myself as advised from the Newbie rules and regulations.

Originally from Kansas, ex Jarhead and living in Ireland for the past 17 years. Nice little town near the sea and close to Dublin.

I have an extra ordinary passion for VWs. My daily runner is a '67 Beetle (Bug) with matching numbers and original engine. Completely stock. And then I have Project X in progress, a '70 Beetle undergoing a VRod transformation. This is my first custom build and absolutely loving it. I tend to research something in excess and when it came to this project I spent 100+ hours reading forums and watching vids.

The main reference point I have used is from this community, Fernon Chop. Made the most sense and a treasure trove of info regarding body mods. I have the mechanical experience but cutting, lowering, welding is uncharted territory. I actually emailed Fernon for any tips and he said just make the first cut and get on with it. He was right because it was a bit of a dilemma to cut or restore. Glad he gave me the push.

On top of it all I'm an artist and in my spare time I sketch various VW models for fun. If you would like to check them out here they are - https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/SketchyVWs
I've met a lot of cool people through this medium by custom commissions of their classic VWs and other classic cars.

Once I figure out how to start a proper thread I'll set one up for the 70 VRod. Maybe this is it or... Guidance is appreciated.

So that's me and hopefully access to the garage, brewsky cooler and secret handshake is forthcoming.

Cheers,

Roudy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Type1_Beetle-ENDofROAD.jpg (78.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Type2_Split-Bus-PIGGYBACK.jpg (186.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by roudyb; May 30th, 2014 at 03:01 AM.
roudyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art, beetle, fernon, sketchyvws, volksrod