Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The Rodders Forum > The Builders Board > New members... introduce yourselves!

New members... introduce yourselves! If you're new to the forum... introduce yourself here first.
You don't just walk into a fella's garage down the street and start flappin' your lips do ya?

Cinematic

Old July 26th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #1
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums
Default Dragon's cave

Hi, short intro, female, love old cars/trucks. Into a bit of everything. Most know me from the other side, if you don't, you will soon
Besides tiny bugs, I am a ford truck girl.
This is my 62short bed step side, has a 65 289 200HP hooked to an fmx tranny and a possi rear. Birthday gift from my Dad when I was 21.

This was my Dad's last truck, 79FS bronco, 400 small block. Another gift, but 6mos before he died of lung cancer.
We've changed the cam, the intake, the rear gears , ditched the original white spokes for what you see and the front seats. I'll never get rid of it~

But the latest addition to our family,
A 1949 Ford Panel. Brought over and stored by a friend while he was moving across the county.
I was drooling ever since.
He had plans to frame swap with a chevy . Typical.
Always had a fondness for the 55 panels, but this will do just fine too.

After sitting for a couple years, he asked hubby, 'know anyone wanting that beast?",,, hubby said, 'uh yeah, my WIFE!'
He said, well, it's hers then, I was when hubby told me!

I see an old, ratted, rusty, truely loud sleeper I got a shiny car, and a shiny truck, time for an extreme swing to the opposite side....
Just gonna weld and brace so things aint fallin off, a subtle yet nice interior and as is with a bit of color on the outside.
Jan this year, hubby has cleared out the back and decided to get rid of the skeeter pond on the roof.

Roof popped out nicely.

A few days ago, hubby says he has idea of an engine tranny combo. Last night, we go over and look,,,, this is what we find.

with this stuffed under the hood~

more drooling

Having it brought over hopefully this weekend, will do a tune up, hook up some water, power, and will go from there~
This is an idea from John Jaranson~

I can just hear folks around here now, "OMG can you believe the shit they drive around here?"

Yeah, I can
I either like little cars, or GREAT BIG TRUCKS!

I love taking pictures, this build won't be grand, hopefully won't cost a grand! Some things will be typical, but other things won't.
Later~~~

Oh, hubby has a custom built bike, will post his 2wheeler later
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #2
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Dragon's cave

Ok, so who knew that a bench seat from the 70's pu would bolt right in to the 62? No mods, no nothing, fit perfectly. Well, only thing he did have to do was cut off the catch arm that locks the back in place to clear the gas tank, since the 62 is in cab. It needs a bit of foam on the driver's side and a small patch piece on the passenger side, upholstery is gone. Going to get a thick painters canvas from homey depot, wash it a couple times to soften it, then spray some camo designs on it and then fit it on with new eyes and rope.
1229111252.jpg

Decided to camo the whole truck. So when temps stabilize again, I start figuring out a realistic yet simple design, already collecting leaves to uses as templates :)
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
Old July 30th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #3
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

GEDC3625 (Medium).JPG

Picked up a 302 engine for the '62 a few weeks ago. Traded parts for parts. Friend was going to put this in a race car mustang. Changed his mind so my old lady will get an upgrade from her worn out 289. Will only get a better cam, just want good gas mileage and a bit of pulling power.
Old October 7th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #4
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Well, hopes are dashed engine for panel is a 429, 8bolts on valve cover. The guy we got it from swore he ran the numbers, well, we can't find any numbers to run. So after looking around online, and the extra bolt, figuring a 351M or 400. http://www.fordification.com/tech/engineID-V8.htm
Hubby did get it to turn over by hand at least.
Just looking around on a bored day~
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:50 AM   #5
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

The 49 is up for sale.
2 guys thinking about it.
$500 as is, no engine, no title. Just the panel. The parts truck with engine will be going back to prev owner since it was never paid for. That's crush weight value. If it doesn't sell by summer, it will become a potting shed out back on blocks with lots of pretty flowers and gardens around it.
Yeehaw yeehaw~
I said this year was going to change around here.
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #6
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Well, it's gone. Hated to do it, but, it's just not one of those high priority things anymore. It went to Jamestown,Tenn. Fellow pinstriper came and picked it a couple weeks ago.

So now I'm back to my 2 trucks again. If I come across another oldie, it'll get posted.
Old June 17th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #7
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

The panel's new owner has given me permission to post his rebuild.
Got these this morning. Another frame he has gotten, blasted, body blasted.

2013-06-159514.16.07.jpg

2013-06-169520.02.28.jpg

2013-06-169520.03.01.jpg

I'm glad to see something happening to it so soon. I knew it would mostly be years before it would get touched around here. Just accepting reality. So it's gonna be nice to see it reborn :)
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:51 AM   #8
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

2013-06-199521.08.07.jpg

2013-06-199521.08.22.jpg

2013-06-199521.09.14.jpg
Quote:
No major dents in the fro portion. Still got a little hammer and
dolly work. But gettin closer
Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:39 PM   #9
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

More Progress~

2013-06-289519.11.01.jpg

2013-06-289519.11.26.jpg

2013-06-309513.58.21.jpg

2013-06-309519.08.33.jpg

2013-06-309519.08.50.jpg
Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:40 PM   #10
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Jerry's helper :)
2013-06-309519.10.03.jpg

Cleaning up nicely~